Friday, May 29, 2009

Post Race Running

Well, now that my second 1/2 is done, and I've recovered, what to do next? Hmm. I have been thinking about a few smaller runs over the summer, maybe finishing off with a 10 miler locally. It's in August though. August in Virginia. Can you say hot and steamy at 7 am? Yes, I thought you could. So, I will wait and see. I've had pretty serious heat exhaustion twice. The whole nine yards with the hallucinations and everything. Don't really want to do that, again. Ever.

Since training for the Marine Corps 1/2 took up a bit of time this spring, I'm not planning any races till after school lets out. I need to use the last few weeks of preschool time for doctor appts and lots of catching up around the house. Cleaning bathrooms. Vacuuming. Dusting. Collecting dust bunnies for the SPCA. Painting the kitchen. Painting the bathroom. Painting the office. Gardening. Gardening. Gardening.

Out of necessity my runs till summer vacation will happen only when we head to swim team, and hopefully my long Saturday morning runs with my neighbors.

Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment